Saturday, November 7, 2009

I got a new phone too!

I got up to 200 followers somehow, and that's awesome. If I could lose pounds as successfully as I gain followers, I'd be one hot bitch right about now. Unfortunately that ain't the way it works, but it's still awesome that so many people care about my story and show up to read it even when it drags ass like it has been lately. Sorry about the draggin, but stick with me, kids! Things will get better.

As for now, I have this stupid whatever is going around. Doc said it's just a sinus infection but it's still pretty sucky. I feel like a phlegm factory and I realized that it's impossible to hide your triple chins in a coughing fit. The coughing is the worst! Plus I hate the way it sounds, all dry and hacky. I need a sexier cough sound.

The doctor told me to stay home from work on Thursday and that sounded like some advice I could get behind. But I ended up going to like 3 Targets instead and then going to the movies. We went to see that MJ movie. It was pretty good, but hard for me to enjoy because of these drunk assholes sitting like 3 rows behind us. They were having like a swear-off match turned up to 11 and they would not fucking shut up EVER. Look, I'm not gonna be all preachy about people swearing because...well, yeah...but like, turn it down, you assholes. Then the one chick is like reading the subtitles out LOUD and singing along but with the wrong words and at all the wrong times and just being drunk and annoying.

I really wanted to get up and just be like CAN YOU SHUT YOUR DRUNK FUCKING MOUTH AND WATCH THE MOVIE?? But I ain't do that. First of all, because I have class and grace, like a modern day Grace Kelly, see? And secondly because I am a giant coward and I fear getting my ass kicked above all other fears in life, even ghosts! Yeah, I'm a pussy and I freely admit it. I mean, look at me, I'm soft! This body is not tuned for fighting, it's tuned for hugs and biting sarcasm. Plus God forbid, someone calls me a fat bitch in a room full of people and I have to down a bottle of Vicodin POST-HASTE.

So we just left for a later showing and I tattled to the manager. I doubt they did anything, but I can at least take comfort in the fact that all the other people in the movie are as pussy-ish as me since no one else said/did anything either. Drunk people are my biggest gripe about living in Las Vegas. I understand people come here to have a good time, but there are about 40,000 places where that kinda behavior is acceptable in this town, and about 4 where it isn't. One of the four obviously being a goddamn movie theater. I can only afford to go to the movies like once a fucking year these days, and it seems like there's always some beligerent jerk there to make sure it won't be worth the money.

Also, why are you THAT drunk at 4pm on a fucking Thursday? Something is wrong here. We all have our vices but fuck off, man. You don't pay ten bucks to watch me eat, so I don't wanna pay ten bucks to watch you be drunk.

Rant over.

Speaking of rants, pity has garnered me yet another prize in life! Fat Daddy is giving me his seat belt extender to take on my trip home in ONLY 3 WEEKS! (holy shit!) I'm excited about not having to ask for one, because it always takes a little of the wind outta my sails, you know? Plus then I'll send it off to someone to destroy when I get back. It's called Paying it Forward, I think Kevin Spacey invented it. Thanks, FD, you're A-OK in my book, sir.

28 comments:

@eloh said...

Go ahead and yell at those rude fucks ...then turn around real quick and start rubbernecking behind you.... like you are trying to spot that brave movie goer who spoke up.

Dina said...

Yet another reason Vegas sucks.

Tantra Flower said...

People who talk during movies make me crazy. That's my number one pet peeve. My number two is drunken belligerence. Poor you. :(

Unknown said...

3 targets! Id have to drive for a couple of hours to hit 3 in one day around here. lol Impressive.

Unknown said...

shit I wasnt done...so when I use to go to Targets with a friend of mine, who moved away..and now I am friendless...but thats a whole other story...so we sue to only go around the clearance end-caps at the back of the aisles. We were hardcore bargain shoppers. We usually did it after a late dinner with a couple of drinks in us adn then the next day Id wake up adn see all of the crap I bought when I had a good buzz going on, then realize that I didnt need most of it....*sigh*

ok Im done... bye :)

screwdestiny said...

Ugh, I'm just getting over that stupid sinus infection/annoying sore throat crap. I hope yours is done soon.

That's one thing that's nice about living in a small town; there are like, fifteen people watching a movie at any said time, and if someone's being an asshole they will get kicked out. I'm sorry it was an unenjoyable time for you.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Feel better.

I hate drunken, obnoxious folks too.

Congratulations on being the winner of FD's seat belt extender!!!

Camevil said...

Obnoxious theater trolls are why I'm about ready to start watching more movies at home. I hate the baby bringers. The other night, someone brought a mewling infant to The Box. Why??? I will and have called managment on drunk rowdy people, though. Screw them.

And hope you're feeling better. Sinus infections take a long time to fully go away. Ugh.

Amy said...

dude. I've been taking Benadryl every morning and ngiht for the past month.

Bad = jacked up sinus
Good = too tired to care

Anonymous said...

love love love your honesty and your blog as a whole!

twinkelydots said...

How about drunk guys on cel phones at the movies. Yup. It's when I wish I had a rocket launcher. I'd aim it at the asshole & BAM!! Off he goes.

Get yourself some nasal spray that's non-habit forming. I have some that's made from eucalyptus oil and stuff. It's really helped me.

~ugly girl with a beautiful heart~ said...

I'd have yelled at them for you Tricia! Then kicked their ass!

Stupid drunkards.

Tony said...

Annoying loud people in the theater are the worst. Although I won't lie, I talk loud in theatres sometimes because commenting during some movies is just an absolutely necessary thing to do, especially during unintentionally funny ones like The Happening

KrysTros said...

OMG I laughed my ass off through your blog. I hate rude Fucks, plus you said the F word like 20 times and how can I not giggle at that? Sorry they ruined your movie for you though :(

wildfluffysheep said...

*high fives* to two hundred followers! niiiice.

yay on the seatbealt extender from F.D.

Katie J ♥ said...

Some people have no fucking common sense! I don't blame you for being a wuss about saying anything to them.

Yay fo all the followers AND FD is the coolest man. I can't wait to hear about it's ultimate destruction.

Pam said...

One of the reasons I hate the theater is just that. Except I'm a lot more anal because just the crinkle of candy wrappers and the chewing of popcorn piss me off to no end. Rent the DVD when it comes out is my motto! jeje
So good to read your blog chica. I've missed it. I have a lot of catching up to do here...I have NO idea where you are right now that you have to fly home!

Anonymous said...

Hope you're doing ok. I've been reading your blog for a while and miss your updates. Take care and I hope you have a great holiday/end of the year.

-Erica

theantijared said...

Hey you got a new phone, did you also get a new blog?

Cole Walter Mellon said...

I'm leaving a comment because I'm pretending that you updated your blog.

Unknown said...

Is it a coincidence that yours and Dina's last post was on Nov. 7th?

Anonymous said...

I hope all is well on your end. I truly miss your blogging!

take care!

Community said...

oh congrats for your new phone!!!!! But take care...

seo said...

Use opera mini 4 . It is the greatest wap browser, works with any mobile and you can get it free from www.operamini.com using your wap browser.

seo said...

If the phone gives good value for money it might be worth going for it but the advantage of going for established companies is that, in spite of them being a bit costly, you get good quality phones & good customer service.

Community said...

social phobia is a persistent fear of one or more situations in which the person is exposed to possible scrutiny by others and fears that he or she may do something or act in a way that will be humiliating or embarrassing."

Community said...

Call the company sometimes swapping sim cards will mess up the phone unless they disconnect the service.

Post a Comment